ITEC Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention
Prerequisites: None, but a prerequisite for all ITEC exams
A specially tailored course offered to complementary and sports therapists by ITEC (VTCT), which will enable them to work safely and prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other diseases. You will learn about your responsibilities as a therapist in minimising the spread of infection within the clinic environment.
This course is a now a requirement for all ITEC candidates. This course is currently offered free to our students studying for ITEC Level 3 Massage, Aromatherapy and Reflexology.
“We take our responsibility to the sector very seriously and are looking to help engender our centres, learners and their clients with the confidence that as things open up their safety will remain paramount,” Alan Woods OCE, chief executive VTCT.
By the end of the course, you will complete the following units:
- LO1 Understand the causes, transmission and effects of COVID-19
- LO2 Understand social responsibility for the complementary therapy and sports massage sectors in relation to COVID-19
- LO3 Understand the controls necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- LO4 Understand the importance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Hand Hygiene and Personal Hygiene in the prevention of COVID-19
- LO5 Understand potential hazards and risks and the workplace procedures necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the complementary therapies and sports massage environment
- LO6 Understand decontamination and waste management processes relevant to complementary therapies and sports massage
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to practice in a number of different settings:
- In your own private practice, as a self-employed practitioner
- In a salon, health club, spa or hotel
- In the NHS, hospice or other healthcare setting
- Length: Flexible home study circa 10 hours plus online assessment date tba
- Cost: £70
- ITEC Link: Infection Prevention for the Complementary Therapist
- Enquire / Enrol