Hopi Ear Candling
How they work
Ear candles have a purely physical function. A light suction action (chimney effect) draws out ear wax and the movement of the flame create a vibration of air in the ear candle, generating a massage-like effect on the eardrum and releasing toxins held in the inner ear. This induces a pleasant feeling of warmth and a balance of pressure in the ears, forehead and sinuses. It also stimulates energy points and reflex zones.
How they are used
The candles are about 22cm long and have a burning time of 10-12 minutes. They are placed at the entrance to the ear, and lit at the other end. It is important that you have help in performing this for safety reasons. You should keep your eyes closed for maximum effect, and have a relaxing atmosphere in a draught-free room.
This induces a pleasant feeling of warmth and a balance of pressure in the ears, forehead and sinuses. It is soothing and helpful for earache, headaches, migraine, sinusitis, rhinitis, noises and ringing in the ears and is relaxing and calming for stress symptoms.
Ear candling has many benefits, including improved hearing, positive effects on the nose and throat, can help with congestion and headaches and can relieve some common ear problems and even improve your sense of smell. These benefits have been well known through 15 years of experience and confirmed by thousands of doctors worldwide.
It is a completely painless and pleasant treatment which brings about wonderful relaxation and a deep sense of security. Both ears are treated as this will enable the body to balance out.
Biosun Ear Candles
Biosun earcandles are made from pure beeswax, honey extract and traditional herbs such as sage and St John Wort. They are the most popular candles in Europe. Biosun are a renowned and trusted name and the candles are of the highest quality and have passed British Standards recommendations. They also have a small filter inside the candles to prevent anything from falling down the inside of the candle to the ear.
Why might I choose ear candling
Ear candling may have a beneficial effect on the following symptoms :
- Ease glue ear, tinnitus and general ringing
- Reduce sinus infections, rihinitis or sinusitis
- Ease the pain and tension associated with compacted wax
- Ease the symptoms of hayfever
- Reduce the physical and emotional effects of stress
- Stimulate the flow of energy around the head, neck and face
- Cut short the recovery period and pressure in the head following colds, flu, sore throats
- Improve clarity of hearing
- Vertigo and other balance related problems
Ear Candling is not for you if:
- You have grommets fitted / tympanostmy tub implants
- If you are in the midst of an infection (for the protection of the therapist)
- If you are allergic to any of the following: St Johns Wort, Sage, Beeswax, Sage or Chamomile
- If you have a perforated eardrum
- If you have any infectious skin disease
|Hopi Ear Candling||£35.00|