Sports & Remedial Massage
Why would I need a Sports Massage treatment?
Anyone can benefit from a treatment, whether you're in training, suffering from stress (be it work, personal or situational) or if you are recovering from injury. Injuries occur for many reasons, sometimes it is simply a case of poor posture or working environment, however trauma or poor techniques whilst training can also contribute. These factors may cause problems such as aches and pains, reduced range of movement, muscle spasms or RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury), all of which respond well to remedial massage.
So what is Sports Massage?
Sports & remedial massage uses a range of techniques borrowed from other therapies - this makes it an incredible powerful treatment in relieving pain and joint restriction
These techniques are designed to treat both deep and superficial tissues and are not dissimilar to those used in sports massage. A range of in-depth massage techniques and stretches are used in combination to bring about pain relief by correcting and normalising the body's muscles and soft tissues.
Benefits of Sports & Remedial Massage
- Reduce recovery period following injury
- Mental and physical relaxation
- Decreased stress and muscle tension
- Loosening and toning tight muscles and stretching connective tissues
- Relief of cramps and muscle spasms
- Decrease in muscle fatigue
- Loosening joints
- Improved range of motion and suppleness
- Stimulation of blood circulation
- Improved length and quality of sleep
- Relief of stress, depression and anxiety
- Improved sense of well-being
- Relieve some of the tension and pain from chronic physical problems
What will happen during my treatment?
Each session will last an hour (Please allow more time for the initial consultation)
Oils are typically used to massage the affected areas and a range of passive stretching techniques may be used. You may be given exercises to carry out post-treatment in order to optimise the benefits and prolong the gains.
|Sports & Remedial Massage||£40.00|